6/24/13

Girls Camp


Girls camp is stressful as an adult. As a young woman going, it's kinda the bomb, no worries, and stress free. I loved going every year in my youth, oh how I adore that Camp Lomia. 

As a married adult I admit I secretly wished I would one day be asked to go back as a cabin mom. Even though it was chaotic and a little cray cray....yes I just used that phrase...
it was also amazing at the same time! It was such a great experience to return as an adult. And an adult in charge with the well being of a handful of adolescences.  What!?!

Sometimes I feel like I'm not worthy of  such a calling. I feel like an outsider a lot of times, especially in church settings when the topic inevitably always turns to children and motherhood.  Most of the time things are said, and while I know they aren't meant to be hurtful, they're said from people who don't know my situation, and yes, sometimes I let it get to me. I never correct people though, I simply hide behind a  fake smile and wait for them to finish.

Being surround by these beautiful young women gave me so much joy and strength. They didn't know about my infertility struggles, they didn't keep asking why I didn't have any kids yet, or when I was going to have them, they just loved me! I loved how they needed me and looked to me for guidance. It was a good feeling to be needed in such a way. The girls constantly made me laugh with their silliness. And their dedication to the gospel at such a young age blew me away. We even had two non- members in our cabin who bore their testimonies. Such rock-stars!  

What an amazing experience!
I'm crossing my fingers that they ask me to go back again next year
:)  


No comments:

Post a Comment