11/14/13

Pretty much the most exciting thing ever!


Back in August Jordan and I began a journey. Honestly to say it began in August would be a bit of a fib considering this is something we have been working on for years....YEARS!!!! But at the end of summer Jordan and I were certain through many personal and wonderful experience (that I can not wait to tell our children about) that foster to adopt was the path meant for us.

So per requirement of the state Jordan and I began our 10 week course in foster care training on August 12th.  Ten weeks later on October 14th we were done and certified!  Those two months were not easy at all. We had homework, had to read document after document after document, filled out paper work until our eyes wanted to bleed, had to be interviewed by everyone and their mom, had to give our FULL life history including every place that we have lived in the past 10 years. That one was fun because I got to write down all my apartments in Poland, good luck checking out those places Sate of Arizona!

The whole experience has been amazing and it's just getting started. We have learned so much and met so many people that have made an everlasting impression. I LOVE LOVE our agency. We are so lucky and blessed. Oh and our case manager, yeah she's pretty much the bomb as well, how did we get so lucky!! So now I am getting to the even better news y'all

We had our home inspection two weeks ago (we passed) and then a week later our case manager came over to do a final run through.  She said that all our paper work was done, and that she would be submitting it to the courts in the morning and it would take the courts about three weeks to license us. So umm.....let me rephrase that so it's better to understand for those not familiar with how foster care works. Being licensed = getting a child.  It is expected to get a child within 24 hours (most of the time less) of becoming licensed with the state. This was a week ago that our paper work was submitted ... so let's do the math shall we... Jordan and I will be parents by the end of this month if not sooner!!!!!!!!!

 ^I actually don't think I put enough explanation marks there.

We are over the moon excited and can't stop thinking about it!!! 
In  fact it is all I think about, I have waited so long for this.  

We are going to be parents!!!!!! :) :) :)  

5 comments:

  1. Julie that is amazing! My cousin has 5 children they have been sealed too through foster to adopt and they are so happy and the children are eternally blessed because they went this route. I hope that it all goes smoothly and look forward to meeting your little ones as they come!!! Congrats momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber your sweet comment just made my day. Thank you for that!

      Delete
  2. Julie, I am just so stinkin' excited for you guys. I seriously am bursting! You will be amazing parents and I am so happy that you are finally getting the desire of your hearts! This will change your life is so many ways and I just can't wait to follow along on your big new adventure. gosh, still looking for the better words to describe my excitement for you two!
    Enjoy it, take lots of pictures, keep a journal, this is going to be amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I'm so excited to hear more as things develop. You guys are going to be amazing parents. Your future kids are really lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) :) :) :) LOVE THIS!!! Can't wait for more updates!

    ReplyDelete