1/20/13

Sunday Thoughts


1. I miss my husband. Jordan works from 4pm to 2:30am. Sometimes he even gets off later... or earlier,  however you want to look at it. And he has about a 45 minute commute each way. I see him for about 30 minutes a day. It's rough. Now with the new church time, we have to drive separate so that he can leave in the middle of our primary class in order to rush home, change, then rush to work.  I feel like I'm single sometimes, only it's not as fun because I don't have cool roommates to keep me company. Despite or recent situation, we are still growing strong as a couple and falling more in love each day. We just keep telling ourselves over and over again that it's for the greater good.

the greater good....

2. I'm taking a photography class!! Some of my favorite cake artists and bakers take all their own photos, and they are all amazing. There have been so many times that I will make something and want to share it with the world but I could just never get a decent photo of it. I would get frustrated and then just end up not showing it because the photos would distort it in some way. Well enough is enough!! I'm in baking for the long run. This is it folks, it's exactly what I want to be doing in my life. So I figured I needed to invest time and money into presenting my passion in the best way possible. After all, food presentation is everything! I am beyond thrilled and absolutely love being a student again.

3. I want to buy everything in this SHOP

4. As I was putting in my earrings this morning it kinda dawned on me how weird it is that we have pierced ears. I mean trust me, I love love me some earrings. I think they are my favorite accessory. But sometimes things just kinda make you think. I mean they have been piercing ears for forever, but it all had to start somewhere. Did one day someone just wake up and think, "hey, you know I have an idea. What if I jammed this sharp needle in my earlobe, create a hole, then stick something back in it so it can dangle down" !? Does anyone else find this weird? Don't worry, I'm not gonna stop wearing earrings, it just made me think. And then that got me thinking about how different things are considered beautiful in different cultures and not others. I kept thinking about it all morning and for some reason it made me want to subscribe to National Geographic. This is how my brain works people.

4 comments:

  1. That's tough not to have your husband around. As much as I love my alone time, I would have a hard time having Ryan gone that much. Who kills all your spiders?

    Food photography is very frustrating -- that's cool you're taking a class for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Baking for the long haul! What a great new talent to have in photography to go alongside your amazing Baking skills! I'm sorry you don't get much time with Jordan. Tyson returns today after being gone for 10 days in China. It's hard not to have them around! It also you appreciate any extra time you get to spend with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the thinking about how weird it is to think of who had the idea for earrings. I think about stuff like that sometimes. Like who made up kissing? Why do we hold hands instead of rubbing elbows or knees or something like that? ;) See my brain is stranger than yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I can't wait to see your photos improve!It's so exciting when everything sort of clicks! Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm don't know everything but I might know something!

    ReplyDelete